Submit a Score
Last updated 4/12/2021
- Scheduling will generally be done a few weeks in advance
- Player results will be monitored and rankings / new player positioning will be adjusted accordingly for more proper placement if very different from initial placement in the rankings.
- Time off Requests – you will be notified to get your requests in proactively before the next round of schedules are completed. Please advise of all dates at once if you know, for the summer.
- Once schedules are locked in and released, if you have changes, it is incumbent upon you, the player, to work scheduling arrangements out with each of your scheduled opponents. Schedules will not be formally adjusted if you do not get your requests in by the announced deadlines.
- Players are generally scheduled 3 weeks on, 1 week off depending on the league’s totals needed for all courts that week.
- Subbing – please advise if you need to be placed on the sub list (meaning you are available but prefer not to play for whatever reason.)
- Throughout the season, all players will be moved throughout the various courts and time slots at Hart and Wick, out of fairness to everyone.
Rankings, as a reflection of Total Points, are a combination of your Wins/Losses/points per game, and the rank differences between you and your opponent. New player rankings are a result of conversations and the initial survey that will be sent out. As Weekly results come in, position rankings will be adjusted accordingly throughout the season. If you are new to the league, don’t be surprised if you move up or down in the rankings after your initial placement. This is normal!
- Game Day
- 6pm matches – Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for a full warm up. Players in this time slot need to be ready to go by 6pm to get their 1 hour in. You are expected to be fully completed with your match by 7pm for the next group of players unless there is a tiebreak to play.
- 7pm matches – this time slot has a bit more time flexibility and can generally play over 8pm if needed unless there is another league coming on.
- Score Reporting – actennis.com/scores
- It is the players responsibility to report their match scores
- Scores will be entered at actennis.com/scores, preferably before you even leave the court area (this way it won’t slip your mind). It is mandatory they are entered within 24 hours of your match completion. Scores will no longer be sent via email and will be in this new format going forward.
- You will not be chased down or reminded to enter your scores.
- If you do not report your score, your player points and rank and that of your opponent, will not
- If you cannot play – contact your opponent and reschedule. You can replay your match anywhere; it doesn’t have to be Hart Park or Wick, our two main playing arenas. When completed, enter your scores at actennis.com/scores
- Rain/inclement weather
- We all have weather apps and radar on our phones/computers to monitor playing conditions. Please be in communication with your opponent on game day.
- Reschedule with your opponent and play ASAP if rained out.
- When completed, enter final scores at actennis.com/scores.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct – If you have an opponent who is being unsportsmanlike including but not limited to, frequent abuse of bad line calls, cursing, hostility, any type of harassment, etc., please report this to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board would like to know about this. This will be kept strictly confidential and handled appropriately.
- Opponent no show / late – If your opponent didn’t show up and didn’t contact you ahead of time, or is more than 10 minutes late for the match, please report this to email@example.com
- Weekly Communication – Once the schedules are released, it is up to the both opponents to fulfill their weekly playing obligation and report their scores in a very timely manner. Player score submissions have a direct impact on all paying players in the league. Board and scheduler emails are infrequently monitored during the week but will be looked at after match night (Wednesdays), so questions or concerns should be presented preferably in person at Leff’s where the league gathers socially after our Wednesday matches, unless confidential. We want to continue to encourage the social aspect of our league!
- Suggestions/Feedback – In an effort to continuously improve upon the league for everyone’s benefit, the board is always open to hearing constructive ideas and feedback from all members. Please submit your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org